Friday, August 19, 2011

Put your lighters up until your acrylics melt!

So I'm sitting here at my parents' house deliriously filing down my acrylic talons in preparation to type this entry despite my heavy head from lack of sleep I NEED TO GET THIS DONE WHILE THE MEMORY IS FRESH!
Last night one of my biggest life dreams came true, as you know (if you know me personally or read my blog) I am obsessed with Lil' Kim beyond the globe and I was itching to see her live anywhere and anyway. There was a great struggle to get the top tickets, after they sold out I had to settle for a back of the arena GA which was obviously no where near close enough to the Queen Bee for me. I fought tooth and nail to get me them Bling Ring tickets, I went the extra mile in a video competition which I won.
I'm damn proud, I was also damn excited to find out that it would be shown in front of a large audience on a huge screen at every show...there for Kim would have to see it at least once!!! This was enough to make me splurt tears of happiness and act like a 14 yr old Justin Beiber fan. Not pretty.
I won't bore you with the crap parts i.e. Not getting my tickets in the mail and having a great deal of trouble on the night at the box office picking them up or.... my video never actually playing at the show as promised or... the disgracefully disrespectful people in the crowd not letting my girl and I get through to the absolute front even though they clearly didn't appreciate Miss White the way we do ( I recall screaming "IT'S THE QUEEN BEE BITCHES, YOU GUYS ARE FUCKED, WHY AREN'T YOU MOVING AND GETTING INTO THIS?? SHOW HER SOME GOD DAMN RESPECT!!!")-Agressive Lorelei at a gig syndrome.
Lil'Kim was incredible, her perfomance was on point. She rapped perfectly without backing tracks but with a live band and had fantastic back up dancers. Not to mention she was in great shape from head to toe, sang Ri Ri's part in her remix of Man Down, Cheatin' and sounded better than Rihanna herself! Her energy was off the chain, she blew my mind and one point looked at me, eye contact was definetly detected! You could imagine how I felt when she said "Where are my Hard Core fans? This one is Biggie's favourite" and continued into Queen Bitch "I am a diamond cluster hustler". She closed with Lighters Up, and naturally I held one up until my acrylic nail melted and my thumb tip was blistered.
There were other acts after her but I felt like what I needed to see was seen and what I wanted was fufilled. My heart was just overwhelmed with love and up most respect. Hands down the best half hour of my entirely life.
Just a funny note, outside the 'stage' area, some dorky guy called out to my friend "Hey Nicki Minaj" which started a small scale grrl riot amongst my crew and caught the security staffs' attention. They walked over and asked if he had offended us in someway, "Yes... what he said was the most disrepectful thing".
Turns out this guy and his friends were causing trouble through out the night and they were willing to kick him out. My friend felt a bit guilty and ran up to him and the security guards.
"You need to respect the Queen Bee and all women" I believe they were her words.
And so should you.
We departed the arena chanting Black Friday and performing an accapella rendition of Big Momma Thang. On that note...
Good evening ladies & gentlemen.

1 comment:

pastor maker said...

Nothing says "respect me!" like a swift kick in the nuts.